Diplexer output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplexer output

When I've used diplexers in the past, it seems like the outputs were labeled. I just bought 8 of the "DIRECTV Diplexer for SWM" listed here: http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php and the outputs are not labeled.

Does it matter which output goes to which device/input? If so, how do I know which is which?

Thanks,
    Sean

It doesn't matter on these particular diplexers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I had posted the same question on the DirectTV forums and it spawned another discussion about how well diplexers even work with the SWM's. In particular; they said that some diplexers don't pass the 2.3Mhz signal to the SWM which is the channel where the tuners request a transponder block from the SWM. Additionally; they said that the return path of some cable modems seems to interfere with the 2.3Mhz signal.

I assume they do, but does anybody know if these diplexers pass the 2.3 Mhz signal?

Does anybody have any experience with, or additional information on, potential issues with specific cable modems?

Thanks,
      Sean

Comment

DIRECTV approves the use of a specific diplexer, which we carry but don't advertise on the website because it is more expensive than the one we sell, and they seem to work equally well. We only recommend the DIRECTV version for those looking to pass a broadband signal through the SWM.

Comment

Sorry, that was a little confusing; which diplexer is the one I purchased?

Because it is named "DIRECTV Diplexer for SWM", I assume that it is the DirectTV approved diplexer that you recommend for use with broadband, but at the same time you said that you don't advertise it on the website, and this one is.

If the broadband recommended diplexer is different, I would assume that I only need 1 of these; the one connected to the cable modem. All other endpoints would just carry cable television signal, which does not interfere.

At the same time however, the cable modem will be mounted in a wiring closet where there will not be a DirectTV receiver, so there shouldn't be any need to use a diplexer at all; I can simply run a RG6 patch cable directly from the SWS-8 to the cable modem.

Sorry to keep hammering on this; I just want to make sure I have what I need when I go to install all this next week.

Thanks,
          Sean

Comment

Sorry - I don't understand. What diplexer do we recommend for broadband? How does broadband even interact with this?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X