SWM-8 & Satellite Reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8 & Satellite Reception

I have just installed slimine dish with SWM-8. There is a 1 x 4 splitter (DTV approved) after the power inserter, and I am presently only running one HR21 until future rooms are ready for additional receivers.

I have good reception (high 80's and 90's) for 101, 110, 119, 99c, 103c, and SWM. The receiver does not acquire a signal for 103s and 99s. Of the few transponders that register any signal on those two satellite meter screens, they are way low (below 50's).

I am in Miami, FL. Are the 103s and 99s required? Seems like I have the signals maximized for the other satellites.

Are you actually missing any channels?

Comment

I haven't done a channel by channel verification yet but looks like all channels I have tuned have come in. I did get a few instances of programming on the wrong channels. That was during one of the first resets after doing fine tuning and individually checking cable integrity.

Comment

There were issues with the 103 beacon causing an error message when going through setup, but in reality there was no problem. There are a series of test channels in the 480s. Do you get any 'searching for signal' when you tune to any of them?

Comment

No searching for signal message; looks like they come in fine. Just a message reading Confirm HD Dish Setup. I think I'm good to go.

Comment

Working...
          X