SWM with 3-lnb dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM with 3-lnb dishes

I notice the SWM8 site says the SWM will not work with the 3-lnb dishes - it will. Obviously you can't receive signals from the sats at 99/103, but as far as the dish is concerned the SWM8 is just another multiswitch. So if you have a 3-lnb dish you can connect an SWM8 with no problem, and then any SWM-compatible receivers connected to the SWM will have access to the 101/110/119 satellites just as they would if connected directly to the 3-lnb dish. You simply have to make sure that the dish type is set to 3-lnb.
    There is even no technical reason why the SWM won't work with a round dish. You just connect the two cables from the dish to the 99/101 13v and 18v connectors on the SWM and then tell the receiver it's a round dish.

Interesting. I guess that makes sense, as long as the receiver is SWM compatible so it can read the stacked signal. Of course, most SWM compatible receivers are HD, so you may want the 5LNB to get the extra channels anyway.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Right - if you have R16s (or R22s if you don't live in an area with SD locals from 99/103) and D12 receivers and want to drive them from a single cable inside the house, the SWM8 would still be a good thing to have.
      The main thing to know is that it is really just another multiswitch, functionally equivalent to a WB68 except for the ability to drive multiple tuners with a single output cable.

As a test, I just disconnected the 103/110/119 cables from the SWM, told my receivers/DVRs I had a round dish and away we went with a 101-only system, working perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X