Yet Another Install Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Install Question...

I'm completely new to this single wire concept. I had no idea it existed. I've moved into my new house and here's the setup.
    Two stories...Dish yet to be installed. I have cable run to 6 rooms from a cable access panel on the side of the house, outside, on ground level, next to the garage.
    I have 3 HR20-700 and wish to get three more receivers. Will the system work with HR20-700 and if so, what should my setup be?

Yes, it'll absolutely work with those, but if you want more than four total, you'll need two SWM modules, and also an E2. See the package (second item) here:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php

That's your best bet for all the right parts, at a discounted price.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Are all the splitters I will need, included in this package? I see from the diagram that either 2,4 or 8 outputs come off a splitter from SWM2. Why can't I just get a single SWM, a single splitter with 8 outs and use six of them to go to 3 HR20-700s and 3 other receivers?

Comment

One SWM supports a total of eight tuners - you've got nine listed there. Even though DVRs use one cable, they have two tuners so they use two of the eight potential signals.

The package doesn't really include splitters; it's a solid unit that does the splits and it attaches directly to the SWM modules. It's a pretty rugged solution.

Comment

So if one SWM8 supports 8 tuners, then I can run 4 HD DVRs off of one SWM and two standard Def boxes on the other? I so, can you tell me which standard boxes I would need?
          Also, someone told me that I could run the standard def boxes off of the legacy ports. If that's true, then could I use one SWM8, use the 8 outputs for the 4 HD DVRs and use 2 legacy ports for the standard def boxes? He said something about the legacy ports just don't output low-KA channels, which are the HD channels, which I don't need on the standard boxes.
          Sorry for all the questions, but before it's over, I'm sure I'll be asking more.

Comment

Yes, that will work. You'll need D12s or later.

You could use the legacy ports for the D12s, but you'd need a direct line for each, plus you wouldn't get any MPEG4 stations on those units. So far, that doesn't mean much, but more stations in SD will come out in MPEG4.

Comment

I may just end up going with the two SWM8s anyways, to have future flexibility. I am really confused as to the way these units should be installed, in my particular situation...what goes inside and where and what stays outside. Would it be better if I called on the phone? What's the number to best reach you?

Comment

Really, as little as possible goes outside. Our recommendation is to only install the SWM outside, then run just one wire into the house, and install the Power Inserter next in line.

You can call us on weekdays at 888 932-5633.

Comment

Working...
                X