Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R10 - Recorder does not have enough space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 - Recorder does not have enough space?

I put this in the Directv forums and they sent me over here... Does this mean they don't even know their own basic product well enough to tell me what to do with something this trivial?

Anyhow, I've got a regular, normal R10.
    Of late, when I try to set up to record a program, I get the message "Recorder does not have enough space to record this program."

Which, given that I currently have A TOTAL of SIX hours of programs currently recorded, seems a little unlikely....

I have a number of things on the "to do" list, but I can't see any reason why those would impact recording something else...

SO, what's going on with this thing and HOW do I get it to stop complaining about recording?

And, while I'm in here, is there ANY way to speed this thing up? When I delete a recorded program after watching, it OFTEN takes anywhere from 20 to 60 seconds before it finishes doing whatever its doing and gets me back to the menu of programs.... It wasn't this slow originally, but its sure pathetic now...

I don't know what information is needed, but the Software Version is 6.1-01-2-521, and I just ran a System Test, which was successful. So, I presume this must be the current version of software since DTV didn't choose to update it.

Any idea what's going on?

The TiVo will calculate what you have recorded PLUS what is scheduled to record. So if you have 6 hours recorded and 90 hours scheduled, you might very well get that message.

You might consider a replacement kit, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/r10a.php

If you are experiencing such SLOW responses, you probably have a drive that is dying and a replace drive kit should solve that issue too.

Comment

Working...
    X