Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice in Hades? TiVO back in DirecTV's plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice in Hades? TiVO back in DirecTV's plans!

http://dtv.client.shareholder.com/re...leaseID=331835

DirecTV announces planned availabililty of TiVO HD in second half of 2009...

The interface we love, the content and delivery we want. Salvation!

Crazy. We thought it would never happen.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

AMEN!!!!!!!!

I hate DirecTV HR20 DVR. I will gladly brick it for a TiVo

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaul View Post
        AMEN!!!!!!!!

I hate DirecTV HR20 DVR. I will gladly brick it for a TiVo
        :lol:

My folks have a Direct DVR and I fracking hate the interface on it...I get the how do I do this...and it takes me 10 minutes of searching and then have to try to explain it to the folks how to do it....grrrrrr!

I love our Tivo interface on our unit....now if I can just get the intermittent freezing to stop....it's all good!

Comment

My day is made!!!

Tried the HD Tivo route with cable and couldn't stomach it. Cablevision stinks and the HD cablecard thing was a nightmare. Went back to DirecTV and have lived with the HR21 for almost a year while keeping my SD DirecTivo box and watching that when I want to flip.

This truly is a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've got to say, the HD TiVo with CableCARDs really works pretty well for the vast majority of our customers. On balance, I'd guess the same number of people in the cable world have problems with CableCARDs as the people in the satellite world who have problems with line-of-sight or other mounting issues.

But in any event, if this new unit is as good as the HD TiVos for cable, it will be truly amazing.

Comment

That may be the case, but DirecTV offers over 100 HD channels while Cablevision on Long Island offers a whopping 65 most of which are garbage. Kung Fu Network in HD??? C'mon...

For those of us who really love the DirecTV service but miss the HD Tivo part today is a great day!!!

Comment

It is great news.

But you can get Kung Fu HD? I can't even get PBS HD from DirecTV without an antenna.

Comment

No Cablevision offers Kung Fu HD, not DirecTV. I am just saying to me it as totally useless channel.

Comment

Right - and here I am, with DirecTV, and I can't even get PBS. Strange the way this all works.

Comment

Has anyone had a peek at the specs for this new DTV HD TiVo? My main wish is they have some form of network connection like my Series 3. The TiVo ToGo program rocks and it would be a pity if this new unit did have this feature.

Comment

My guess is that there are no specs available...the box isn't scheduled for release for a year or more....and those who have access are surely subject to a nondisclosure agreement.

Comment

Yeah, good old NDA's... The truth is I hope DTV and TiVo do their homework with this unit. I love DTV, but compared to my Series 3, the DTV boxes have a lot to be desired as far as extended functionality. If this new HD DTV TiVo has a network port and has something similar to TiVo ToGo, I'm on board. If not, I'm going to think twice before getting this unit.

Comment

Now here is the amazing thing: hot on the heels of this announcement I get a letter (arrived today) informing me that I MUST trade in my Tivo-based DTV HD DVR because the old one is going to be obsolete and I will no longer get HD channels if I stick with it. Good news is that at least they are offering to exchange for free. Bad news is that I never installed the disk upgrade I bought a couple months ago....

When I call them I fully expect that a) they are not offering me a DVR, just a receiver, b) if they are it is a leased receiver that I cannot upgrade capacity on. The offer has an Oct 15 deadline on it....

Why oh why could they not wait until the new Tivo unit is available?

Comment

Hah!!! They lied! I called them to find out more. They have NO SCHEDULE to stop the existing MPEG-2 channels, they just wanted me to drink their Kool-Aid. Of course it is free of charge and will include the new antenna I would need to get when the new Directv tivo dvr comes out later, so I might just take them up on it....

Comment

Working...
                              X