Maximum HDD size in Series 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum HDD size in Series 2?

What is the maximum drive size you can upgrade to in a series 2 TiVo? Is there some "magic" limit like the Windows 147GB (without 48 bit addressing) etc?

With current software, there is really no practical limit to drive size in Series2 units. We routinely put dual 750 GB drives in these units.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks! I hadn't seen any documentation that would confirm or deny my suspicions.

WeaKnees rocks, BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        With current software, there is really no practical limit to drive size in Series2 units. We routinely put dual 750 GB drives in these units.
        I JUST REPLACED MY #1HDD WITH A 160GB, MY #2HDD IS 120GB, WHY IS THE (TIVO2 TCD240040) SYSTEM ONLY GIVING ME A LIMIT OF 192GB? IS THIS A SOFTWARE ISSUE?
        Last edited by kookev; 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kookev View Post
          I JUST REPLACED MY #1HDD WITH A 160GB, MY #2HDD IS 120GB, WHY IS THE (TIVO2 TCD240040) SYSTEM ONLY GIVING ME A LIMIT OF 192GB? IS THIS A SOFTWARE ISSUE?
          If you have a two-drive unit, then you cannot simply remove one of those two drives and replace it with another. The two drives in a TiVo are a married pair and are linked together. If you break the link and replace only the A drive, the TiVo will no longer see the B drive.

Comment

How Can This Issue Be Fixed? Made Purchased Jan.10,2007, From Weaknees.

Comment

Working...
            X