Easiest Set up ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest Set up ever

I had been thinking for months on how to run cables (seamlessly) through my house to take advantage of both tuners on all 3 of my DirectTV DVRs (2 HR21-100 and an HR20 - 700). Then I came across this forum and the SWM-8. Did some research and ordered the unit along with an 8 port splitter (for growth). It was honestly the easiest install ever, and solved all my questions about how to run an extra cable through the house. I have also install Over the air antenna in my attic and will be hooking this up next weekend. Thanks to all who posted the usful information in this forum. The installation was easy and links to diagrams were extremely helpful.

Glad to hear it!

You'll need diplexers with the OTA.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Can I use the Diplexer at the end of the cable coming from the wall that is ultimately hooked to the SWM?

So to be more clear, I have one wire coming from the wall, attach a diplexer to the end of that wire, one end into the HR21 and the other into the AM21?

Comment

Yes, so long as the off-air input is going into the SWM, and so long as you use an appropriate, SWM-compatible diplexer.

Comment

Working...
        X