Again, Another Install Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, Another Install Question...

I thought I had it all figured out until I read some posts regarding only using ONE line to the HR21 SAT1 input. Here's what I want to do: run a single coax from the SWM2 port to the receiver location and connect to two receivers: an HR21 (2 tuners) and H21 (1 tuner). I have already purchased a 1x4 splitter, expecting to use two outputs for the HR21 and one for the H21. Will this still work? If so, do I need to terminate the 4th splitter output? Can If only one connection is required, can I just use 2 of the 4 on the 1x4 splitter (would terminating the other outputs be required)? Do I instead need to purchase a 1x2 splitter and run single wire to each receiver, placing them in SWM mode?

Sidenote: SWM1 port will be connected to PI located at a different HR21 elsewhere in house.

Thanks!

It'll still work. Just use one to each receiver, leave out SAT 2 on the HR21, and you shouldn't need terminators on the other two outputs. Sometimes for long runs, extra splits can draw down the signal strength, but in a regular house, you should be fine.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X