Help with 2 SWM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 2 SWM's

I just added a second SWM-8 using the 4 spliiters. Everything seemed to be working fine on all my receivers. I have 3 HDR21's running off the first SWM and 1 HR21 as well as two legacy receivers. Off the second SWM I have on HR21 currently connected. Upon closer inspection I have noticed that whenever both SWM's are plugged in I lose some of the HD channels on BOTH SWM's, example 202 CNNHD. If I unplug one of the SWM's then 202 comes back right away. This affects ALL receivers. I have checked the obvious and the cabling is correct. I have reset some of the receivers but the problem remains. Only when both are plugged in does this happen. If I unplug SWM number 2, all the receivers on SWM 1 receive ALL the channels. If I unplug SWM 1 and plug in SWM 2 then ALL the channels come in on the Single HR21. I would guess this to be one sattellite that is affected as most the channels come in even with both plugged in. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

You probably should consider the two-SWM chassis, see:

DIRECTV SWM

Comment

Thanks, but was told when I ordered the parts that I could either use the 2 SWM chassis or add another SWM and the 4 Splitters, either way will work. Do I need a signal booster, could the splitters be dropping the signal strength just enough to cause this?

Comment

The E2 chassis may just help because there can be some loss with the splitters, but if it's a significant issue, you may need amplifiers and polarity lockers, which we do have.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X