SWM-8 Installation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8 Installation Question

I would like to install a SWM-8 so that I can use both tuners on my 2 HD DVRs (HR21-700 and HR20-700). I also have 2 other receivers (an H20-100 and a HBH-SA on an older TV). My first question, is will the SWM-8 work with each of these receivers?

My second question is regarding the Power Inserter. My house has internal wiring to different rooms in the house with all the ends of the cables terminating outside in an old cable TV box. There are a total of 8 cable terminations (4 attached to the above receivers, the other 4 are not being used). I understand that the Power Inserter needs to be inside. However, all the wires that I need to attach to the splitter are outside. What are my options? I was thinking I could install the Power Inserter next to one of the unused cable connections inside. However that will give me only one cable to work with. Is there any way to connect the Power Inserter to this single cable without having to run another cable into the house at the same location?

Thanks for the help.

The SWM signal can be used in each of those units except the HBH-SA. You'd have to run a wire from a legacy port on the SWM8 to that unit.

You can put the Power Inserter right at a DVR if you want. Just put it on the wire that goes to the central location, at the DVR end, and run a shorter cable from the PI to the DVR. Just be sure to use the red "power passing" ports to get the PI power back up to the SWM.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and the help.

Comment

Working...
      X