Direct T.V. Remotes programing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct T.V. Remotes programing

I'm wondering if there is someway to reprogram either my Samsung Direct TV Dvrs or the remote itself ,an old peanut style D.TV remote so the remote won't control both Dvrs because when I press a command for one of the Dvrs the other Dvr will respond as well,and I have tried placing one unit up high and the other one down low or having ea Dvr on opposite sides but it doesn't make any difference, unless I either place the remote almost right up against the unit or block one of the Dvrs with something they will both respond to the same command I also have one of the new Direct.T.V. remotes but it isn't set up for my current Dvrs or even my Hughes Direct T.V. receiver and if it was possible I'd rather use it instead of the old peanut style remote because I like it better then the old Peanut style remote since it has 4 command functions instead of 2 like the old style remote,I checked out your answer to a person back in Nov on Tivo's page about this same thing about changing the codes on the boxes but it seemed to be only for aTivo remote and/or a Tivo unit itself unless I'm mistaken,Thanks

Totally possible - see this page from TiVo:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/Laun...b-8abbe082577d
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I tried to get the new white Dtv remote to control my Samsung Dtv Tivos by entering a code that was given to me by Dtv's advanced tech support person and with him on the phone working with me on this for around 10 -15 Min's it never would work so unless somebody knows another way to make it work I guess I'm just stuck with the old remote and it apparently can't be programmed to change the codes on the box itself because it only has a switch to change between TV and Satellite and even when you go to remote settings with it, it only gives me 3 options (1- TV on/off (2- TV power & volume and (3 audio setting and it's not worth having to pay for a Dtv tech to come out and mess with it, I guess it just isn't going to work for whatever reason,oh well like they say S*** happens, although in this case it should probably be S*** doesn't happen,but thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

There are several versions of those white remotes floating around. We can't keep the codes straight on them. It's expensive, you might consider a Harmony remote. We have a few on our site.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X