HR10-250 question.......????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 question.......????

Hey, I have a Sling Box Pro with a HR10-250 Direct TV HD TiVo DVR hooked up to my new Dongle. I have a 60' Pioneer Plasma screen TV. I am using the HDMI cable for picture going from my HR10-250 to my 60' Pioneer Plasma screen. Here is my issue, When I have my Plasma screen TV turned on there is NO SIGNAL coming out of my HR10-250 component outputs. As soon as I turn my Plasma screen OFF the signal returns to the component outputs of my HR10-250. So, Basically if I am watching TV on my Plasma screen at home nobody can watch my SB Pro until I turn my Plasma off. I realize this has nothing to do with Sling, this is an issue with the HR10-250's. I do know of people out there that have HR10-250's that send a signal out of both HDMI and component at the same time. Why is it that mine does not? I know how to fix this problem. That would be to just use component cables and not bother with the HDMI cable at all. But will I be loosing ANY picture quality at all by doing this? Isn't HDMI a newer BETTER higher quality of a way to send the picture to a Plasma screen TV?? Or are they both the same? Has anyone looked into the difference between the HDMI and component cable's? Anyone with ANY info on this subject would be GREAT!!! Thanks In Advance Everyone, Have a Happy New Year!!! Johnnny

I do know of people out there that have HR10-250's that send a signal out of both HDMI and component at the same time.
    Actually, this unit can only do one HD output at a time. The Series3 can do multiple outputs simultaneously.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Actually, this unit can only do one HD output at a time. The Series3 can do multiple outputs simultaneously.
      What has a better picture HDMI or component outputs?? If I use the component outputs with my Sling Pro I can feed component outputs back to the TV but I don't want to if I am going to loose any Picture q.....

Comment

Technically, HDMI is better, but many people claim that with 45" screens or lower, you can't tell the difference between HDMI, DVI, or component.

Comment

There are people telling me that there is a "HACK" out there somewhere to get the HR10-250 to simultaneously put out a high def. signal on both the HDMI and component at the same time. Can anyone confirm that there is a way to do it and if so how? Thanks In Advance, Johnnny

Comment

We haven't seen it, but if you find it, post here to spread the word!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
              We haven't seen it, but if you find it, post here to spread the word!
              Here it is: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=298233 Johnnnnny

Comment

Working...
              X