Using SWM with DirectTV HD DVR and existing DirecTiVo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using SWM with DirectTV HD DVR and existing DirecTiVo

I recently purchased and installed my Slimline and HD DVR. It took a lot of adjustments but finally got all my signals.

I currently have the outputs from the Slimline into a 6x8 Multiswitch.

Two of the lines go into the Living Room for use with the SAT-T60 and two other lines go into the bedroom for the second DirecTiVo.

I took one of the lines and ran it into the Living Room through the hallway to temporarily hook up the new HD DVR. It works great but of course have a RG6 cable running through the hallway....

I had a third line installed in the living room today and am wondering how to proceed with the setup.

The other half refuses to give up the Dual Tuner SAT-T60 (yeah after 8 years, it's hard to try something new) so two of the lines have to go to that, leaving the third for the new HD DVR.

If I want to get a SWM to take advantage of the dual tuners, how would this work?

I can't seem to find a diagram that would allow me to use the SWM for the HD DVR and use the multiswitch to hook up the other 4 lines to the existing TiVo's.

If I understand, there are only 3 legacy ports available on the SWM?

I know it may be easier to convince the TiVO lover to give up one of the tuners.....

Thanks

Cary

We have the diagram here:

SWM and 6x8 Multiswitch diagram

Comment

Thanks. Now that I reread the diagram, it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X