Need help copying drive A only of a 2 drive tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help copying drive A only of a 2 drive tivo

I have an RCA DVR40 DirecTV Tivo unit (2 120gb drives) . Started experiencing frames skipping and pulled the drives out and using SpinRite determined that drive A was getting intermittent read errors. The Maxtor Quickview drive is still under warranty. However the drive must be sent back to Seagate before they will send a replacement drive (apparently prior to November of this year they would cross-ship).

So what I need is a way to make an exact image of the Drive A so that I can send it off and get the replacement drive. Since the drive I will be backing it up to won't be a Quickview I will then need to duplicate that drive again to the replacement one. I have 2 Maxtor 120gb 5400rpm (non-Quickview) spare drives still in their original packaging.

How can this be accomplished? And will the resulting backup be usable in the interim? (Would like to verify that the copy is good before sending the original off). I have a opened spare PC I can use to do this.

Just use our instructions to make a backup, then do a restore when you get the drive back:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com

You can put the backup on any other drive in the interim.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X