SWM8 and HR21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 and HR21

I have the line from the dish to a 8 way multiswitch for the house. Can I use the SWM8 AT the room to split the signal to get two inputs (and just put the two inputs into the HR21 and get two input signals? Thanks!!

A SWM will work only if all 4 lines from the dish go into the SWM. If you have an 8 way multiswitch now, you probably already have 4 lines from the dish going into the multiswitch--right?

Comment

Yes. I was trying to find any solution to split the signal at the room instead of running an additional line for the second signal.

Comment

The SWM would work, but it would have to be installed higher up the chain. It needs the four lines from the dish, but then it can send one line down to the DVR, and the DVR will split that into two signals.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm confused! The DVR will split the signal from a single line coming to it??

Comment

Correct, the HR21 can get two tuners from a single line from a SWM.

Comment

Right, but the SWM has to be directly connected to the dish and NOT at the room (where is has already gone through a multiswitch from the dish already)? I'm assuming there is no way to split a signal once it has already gone to the room after a multiswitcher? Thanks!!

Comment

Right - a line from a traditional multiswitch can only carry one signal, and there's no way to change that after the multiswitch.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Now I've got it! Thank you sooo much! You have been really helpful!

Comment

Working...
                  X