Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the max mix of receivers on a SWM-8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the max mix of receivers on a SWM-8?

I was talking to a DTV installer and he said they are trained to use no more than 6 ports on the SWM-8. That would be equivalent to only 3 DVR's running dual tuners. He said he didn't know why, but was told there is a higher chance of problems if you use all ports.

So the big question is does the SWM-8 only support DVR's? I had an order for a DTV install in a brand new, pre-wired house for six HD TV's. Each location was wired with only one cable. Can I run two HR21's using dual tuners and four H20's off one SWM-8, do I need a two SWM-8 setup or do I have to use a SWM-8 and a WB68? If the installer was wrong, can I run three HR21's and three H20's off the SWM-8?

In any cases, if they'll work, what equipment would I need? I'd like to keep the wiring to a minimum since I have a tight space where the multi-switch system is going.

TIA!

We've never heard of that issue with using all of the availability of the unit, and we have many, many customers using all of the ports.

I don't see any problem with using two HD DVRs and four HD receivers off of one SWM.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks WK-Michael!

So I would need splitters for the HR21's and the H20's would go straight through? All without the converters attached, right?

TIAA!

Comment

You don't need splitters for either, necessarily. The DVRs just use one input - they split it internally. You just need enough splitters to get a wire to each unit.

Right - no B Band converters are used with the SWMs.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X