Computer back to Tivo????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer back to Tivo????

I had to send my Tivo in for rerairs. Sent it in to WeaKnees and the turn-around was 1 day what a GREAT company. On to my question, before I sent it in I transfered about 30 hours of shows to my computer with the Tivo Desktop. Is there a way to transfer them back to my Tivo where I can watch them on my TV or will I have to watch them on computer or take time to make DVDs?

You can use TiVo Desktop to transfer them back . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

How

I can not find a way to transfer them back. I looked through support at Tivo's site and find I may need to update my Tivo Desktop, I have version 2.0 which has worked ok to computer but can't figure out how to sent it back. I see there is a version 2.3a available & I downloaded it, but as I started to upgrade, it said it would have to remove 2.0 before it could install 2.3a so I stopped. Will I lose all my recordings when it removes 2.0? Also, the last time I started Tivo Desktop I got box saying "Element not found" I had to click "OK" box twice then Tivo Desktop started up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

It's been a while since we did the upgrade, but as far as we know, you don't lose recordings during the process. The upgrade should do the trick.

Comment

Still not there yet

I updated my Tivo desktop to 2.3a and all recordings are still there. Still can't figure how to transfer back to Tivo. On Tivo's support site in the thread I found it said I should have an entry for my computer in the Now Playing List, but I don't, update did add an Auto-Transfer to my desktop. What now??

Comment

All OK now.

Finally, my computer showed up on the Now Playing List, and all transfers went through very well. Thanks for the help

Comment

Computer to Tivo recording

I have the same, but different problem. I transfered programs to my computer, upgraded to a new larger drive, and now the tivo will not accept the transfers back from my computer.

The Computer shows up on Now Playing. I can watch the shows on Tivo if I want to VIEW them. I can tell Tivo to transfer (record) the shows.

But, Tivo stops transfering after a minute or two and the failure message on the shows in the recording history is that the file may be corrupt or the media key is different than the one that was used when the shows were transfered. This is obviously not the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                You can use TiVo Desktop to transfer them back . . .
                I have the same, but different problem. I transfered programs to my computer, upgraded to a new larger drive, and now the tivo will not accept the transfers back from my computer.

The Computer shows up on Now Playing. I can watch the shows on Tivo if I want to VIEW them. I can tell Tivo to transfer (record) the shows.

But, Tivo stops transfering after a minute or two and the failure message on the shows in the recording history is that the file may be corrupt or the media key is different than the one that was used when the shows were transfered. This is obviously not the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

Comment

Could that be network issues? Are you wired or wireless?

Comment

cannot see my computer in the now play list!!

I upgraded to 2.4a from 2.3 and now the computer is not showing up in the now playing list..Made several cals to tivo ..opened up the ports they recommended to no avail..it still deosnt show up..however I can see the tivo from the computer and I can view pictures on my comuter from the tivo..
                    running xp home..netgear wireless router..anybody have simular issues??

Comment

Computer shows up on TiVo but no recordings on computer show up

I have 2 TiVos a Series 2 Dual Tuner and a Series 2 Single tuner. Both are networked trough my computer using TiVos wireless USBs. My computer is connected to the internet through a Linskys wireless router plugged into my cable modem and the TiVos are wirelessly connected to the Linskys. I can successfully download/transfer recorded shows from either TiVo to my computer using TiVo Desktop 2.5.1.

Here's the problem. My computer shows up in the "Now Playing List" on both TiVos, however, none of the recordings that are stored on my computer in the "My TiVo Recordings" file will show up on either TiVo. I get a message on the TiVo that reads: "The [computer] PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable."

All the shows in the "My TiVo Recordings" file are .tivo files. The files will play on my computer with a media player, but don't show up on my TiVo.

Help. I have hours of shows on the computer that I can't retrieve to watch on a TV.

Comment

Computer shows up on TiVo but no recordings on computer show up - more info

I am running a PC running Windows XP Media Center Ed. w/SP2.

I have two TiVos, a Series 2 DT and a single tuner (which I believe is also a Series 2).

Using the TiVo Desktop 2.5.1, I can easily move any recording from either of my TiVos to my computer. I can also access and download movies from Amazon Unbox to my TiVos and the TiVo sevice can access both of my TiVos.

My issue, is that both TiVos "see" my computer, but won't access the recordings stored on my computer.

TivoBeacon is running, TiVoServer is running, TiVoNotify is running, and TiVoTransfer is running.

Both TiVos are connecting to the network at 85-100%.

I have tried rebooting the computer and the modem. I tried rebooting the TiVos and I still get the same message about the computer being unavailable.

I also tried disabling the Windows Firewall and turned it back on after it didn't work either. Other than whatever filters are in the Linksys router, I have no other firewalls. And no idea how to manipulate the Linksys settings (my dad set this up for me, but he also has no clue why I can't access my recordings saved to my computer files from the TiVo).

The Linksys is set to open WEP if that makes a difference.

Comment

Here are some notes about compatibility from TiVo:

Supported video formats include:
                          Note: Files with digital rights management (DRM) or other copy protection are not supported.
                          Windows Media Video (.wmv)
                          QuickTime Movie (.mov)
                          MPEG-4/H.264 (.mp4,.m4v,.mp4v)
                          MPEG-2 (.mpg,.mpeg,.mpe,.mp2,.mp2v,.mpv2)
                          DivX and Xvid (.avi, .divx)

Are you definitely in one of those formats with no DRM?

Comment

The only thing in the "My TiVo Recordings" file are .tivo files.

I believe I stated that above somewhere.

And the .tivo files are meant to be transferred so all of them can't have DRM issues.
                            Last edited by iigot2bme; 01-15-2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

So do the .tivo files play in your TiVo Desktop?

Comment

Working...
                              X