No announcement yet.

Dual LNB lines to 1 line to 3 recivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual LNB lines to 1 line to 3 recivers?

I need some help on a setup. I am also new to SWM but think it may solve my problem.

I have a job with a DTV round dish, dual LNB on the roof with the two lines from the LNB going to the second floor data room. From there I only have one line to the first floor rack where I need to have three DTV R12 or R13 SD regular receivers connected to 3 TV's for separate programming.

What SWM equipment or setup can I use to get signal to all three receivers with the single RG6 line run from the second floor to the first floor, and how would it be hooked up? Thanks

You'd need a 5LNB dish, to replace the dual LNB dish you have. Then you'd need a SWM8 module and a 1x4 splitter. You'd locate the SWM at the dish and the 1x4 near the three units. Then you can just use a barrel connector to get one line effectively from the SWM to the first floor rack and the splitter.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks WK for your help in this,

Just so I don't misunderstand anything as I invest $$ in this project. I will use a Slimline 5 lnb dish on the roof with a SWM8. I can then use one line to the first floor room (use barrel conn. on second floor) into a power pack (do I need the Power pack) than out of the power pack into the 1x4 SWM splitter to the IRD's...watch TV

Is this the wiring diagram?
      http://www.swm8.com/3-4DVR-SWM1-1SPLIT.pdf

Comment

That's all exactly right. Yes, you do need the Power Inserter, and that's included with each SWM.

That's the right wiring diagram for this situation.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Another wiring option....

You will have 4 lines from the dish going into the SWM on the roof, and then one line out of SWM 1 and 1 line out of SWM2 (those are the two current lines that run into the house; you'll repurpose them and have them go out of the SWM1/2 outputs). Both go to the second floor, and from there you would barrel connect one line and take it to the first floor. So you'd have 2 outputs from the SWM--1 to floor 1; 1 to floor 2.

Comment

Great! I understand better now how SWM works, I expect to use it more in the future. And the second choice is a good idea which I will probably do also. Thanks for taking the time to help me. :-) :-)

Comment

Working...
            X