Lost 4-way SWM Splitter included with dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 4-way SWM Splitter included with dish

I am an Independent A/V Store, who is working to resolve a botched DirecTV Installer job.

DTV installer used DirecTV SL5S SWM LNB Output which has one output.
    This dish is supposed to have come with PI-21 Power Supply and 4 way Multi Switch. (the PI21 uses a miniplug type of jack-so the multiswitch must accept that...and not coax power)

DTV installer installed a DTV3x4 minimax multiswitch (which is NOT compatible, I found out in conversation with Eagle Aspen, the dish mfr)

DTV installer left a DTV PS-28 Switching Power Supply at jobsite.
    ----------------------
    What I am needing, is model # of the 4 way switch that the PI21 uses.

Or...is PS28 that i have compatible in terms of voltage with model SWM-4 that uses coax power

Thanks for any assistance...

We have the four-way SWM compatible splitters here:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php

The PI28 and PI21 should be basically interchangeable. But I'm confused a bit - you're saying the PI21 uses a mini plug and not coax? Our PI21s use coax for power.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Michael

THe house has a PI28 at it. (Large Transformer with 2 coax leads). Details on the dish that i found on internet says it came with PI-21..and i used internet to find solidsignal.com PI-21, and it showed it with miniplug end.

Do i need to use the SWM8? I have 3x H-21 and 1x HR21.. What about something like a SWS-4 for basic needs?

Thanks again for any and all help.

Comment

I see that picture of the PI21 over at solidsignal, and I just think it's the wrong picture. We don't have any in the office today, but next time I have one, I'll try to snap a pic of it.

You need five satellite streams for your units, so the SWM8 would work perfectly. Then you'll need an SWS-4 if you can use the SWM2 port for one unit.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X