combination set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combination set-up

Please talk me through the equipment I'll need to make the following happen. Thanks in advance for working through it with me.

Here is what I have.

DirecTv Slimline 5LNB dish. Four wires come into the home, and arrive at a junction box in basement. This junction box feeds all of the locations listed below. All lines to the rooms below are direct (nothing is split along the way). Everything is RG6.

Room 1: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 2: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 3: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 4: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 5: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 6: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 7: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Can I have what I want without running more cable? What SWMs and other multiswitches go where?

Thanks, S

What you want to do is impossible. The R10s cannot feed 2 tuners with one line.

Comment

Bad news. But thanks for the quick reply.

Alright, let's suppose that I do the hard work of getting two lines to EACH room with an R10 in it. Now here I am:

Room 1: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 2: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 3: Only one cable line feeds this room. I want a HR21-100 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 4: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 5: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 6: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

Room 7: Two cable lines feed this room. I want a R10 with use of both tuners for this room.

If this can be done, what is the correct set-up?

Comment

You probably need a 6x8 multiswitch and a SWM multiswitch, plus 4 high frequency splitters and a 1x2 SWM splitter. See:

SWM Wiring Diagram

Comment

Working...
        X