SWM-8 Legacy ports and 2LNB multiswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8 Legacy ports and 2LNB multiswitch

I have an old multiswitch that only requires to LNB feeds. Can I hook up that multiswitch to two of the legacy port on the swm-8?

This isn't a standard or recommended installation, but in theory, it should work.

Comment

So it looks like the recommended or standard installation is the split the four wires out of the LNB, four going to the SWN-8 and the other four to the Multi-switch. On another site they have an "HRPID1422 - Sonora Polarity Locker/Power Inserter" between the LNB and the splitters, your diagrams don't show this configuration. Is it necessary? What does it do?

Comment

Oh - if you aren't also using four leads from a 5LNB dish, then the configuration you listed really isn't likely to work.

Best bet it to use high-frequency splitters and split the signals coming from the dish to feed each multiswitch.

Polarity lockers and the like are more important in larger installations. Just be sure that each "split" of the dish signal goes to the same voltage input on each multiswitch.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So, it looks like I will need to order.

4 Splitters and 8 Coax Cables
          Four 1x2 high frequency splitters and eight DIRECTV coaxial cables.

Directv SWM8

Zinwell WB68

One last question, where do you use power pass splitters and just the HFS?

Comment

Yes, that is the rights parts list to get the SWM and 6x8 working. See:

SWM Wiring Diagram

There you will find the diagram you need. The HFS go between the dish and the two multiswitches.

Comment

Working...
            X