After upgrade, some recordings don't play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After upgrade, some recordings don't play

After a drive failure (of an older upgrade), I had to do a new upgrade. Hughes SD-DVR40 40G backup image -> 320G drive.

This is just the "non-show" backup image, so as expected, when I played a couple of shows on the upgrade drive, it ends immediately, then after dismissal it says there was an error and perhaps I recorded a non-existant channel.

So far that's okay. I went through and deleted all the shows (Now playing was completely empty) and started recording new ones. Well, I've now had 3 or 4 *new* shows do the same thing. I know it was really recording (I was watching some of them in live tv during the time). But when I try to play, I get the "do you want to delete" question and then the error if I actually delete it.

It's not been many, but it worries me that it has happened at all. Is this something that can happen after an upgrade, or did my attempt go horribly wrong? Should I redo it before it happens again?

Thanks!
    --
    Darren

Was the image from the actual unit, or just a similar unit?

Can you watch live TV?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Was the image from the actual unit, or just a similar unit?

Can you watch live TV?
      Actual unit. I did a 40->120 upgrade almost 4 years ago. That's the drive that just died. (So i'm now running 3.1.1 software on here... quite old). But that time I did a full 'dd' to copy shows over, and then enlarged the new drive. This time I only did the mfsrestore (tested that it appeared to work), then enlarged the drive.

Everything appears to be working just fine (including livetv), except for finding 3 or 4 programs that were "empty" when I tried to play from now playing.

I can't confirm, but I think one of them I actually started watching from now playing while it was recording. When I went back after the show had finished, it appears empty.

I've since deleted all of them, so I can't go back and check, but at least one of them said duration 0:28 (partial) (this was a 30 minute show, and I didn't intentionally cut it short).

Suggestions is enjoying all the free space and recorded at least 15 shows yesterday. None of them or the 4 or 5 scheduled recordings had the problem again, so maybe it was just a one-time odd thing.... (crosses fingers)...

--
      Darren

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it unless/until it starts happening again.

Comment

Working...
        X