HR21-gray screen-failed to record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR21-gray screen-failed to record

A few days ago, just before the sofware update was coming down, I had the recorder set to record 2 programs at the same time. When I turned the receiver on to check the recordings, the screen showed all gray on both tuners. I tried to play the partial recording, but it also was gray. I checked those 2 channels on another dvr and both were showing normally, but they did not show up on the HR21 until AFTER I stopped recording. After that, everything was normal.

Yesterday, the same thing occurred again, except this time I could not stop the recording of the gray screen and had to reboot in order to regain control of the receiver. Has operated normally again since then.

I have 2 standard def DirecTivo units and 1 standard Directv dvr also hooked to the same dish, and the problem has not shown up on any of those.

There were some crazy problems with the last software update. I wouldn't be concerned unless it happens again. You can also try a software update. Just pull the plug and plug it back in. When you see the first "Hello" screen, press 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote (and nothing else).

Comment

Working...
    X