Help needed with house distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with house distribution

I have a Directv 5 lnb Slimline dish. That is connected to my Directv H21 HD receiver. I am using an RF modulator (component to coax) to a 8 way splitter to send the non HD signal to multiple TV's in the house. (Yes they are on the same channel when watching).

I would like to add HD to a few rooms even if they need to be on the same channel or to add a receiver in desired HD areas.

The more I read the more I got confused on the SWM.

Thank you in advanced!

Basically, you need all four outputs from the dish going into the SWM. From there, you can have one wire carrying up to eight independent streams. So you could run that to your distribution center, and then split it to each receiver in each room, instead of sending the picture itself to each room after the receiver.

If you go that way, each room can watch different channels.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

So I need to use a special splitter which takes the one line in from the SWM and then the existing lines can be used as independent "home runs" for each room to have a receiver. OR I can set it up as I do now to the others which do not have receivers "copying" the one receiver.

So I need the SWM and a special splitter block?

Comment

You would need receivers in each room; the SWM won't do anything to allow you to distribute a signal from one receiver into multiple locations.

Comment

Working...
        X