Comcast On Demand "Upgrade"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast On Demand "Upgrade"

About two weeks ago Comcast in Jackson, MS sent out a letter and a voice mail that they would be performing an "upgrade" to their service to allow more On Demand programs. This so called "upgrade" caused a number of downgrades to the features of the box.
    • Now a 500gb external drive is not even recognized at all.
    • When scanning forward through a commercial, the old unit would automatically back up about 7 seconds when hitting play allowing the show to start just right, now it starts exactly where it scanned to when hitting play.
    • The search feature in the guide only shows all the shows that start with the first letter of the show. Before one could spell out the name of the show.
    • Buffer for shows in HD is now only 15 minutes when it was an hour before the “upgrade”
    • Can’t fast forward in 15 minute increments any longer.
    • Can’t see on the progress bar the point of time one is on the show.
    • The switch feature to switch between the two tuners no longer works unless PIP is turned on first
    • The PIP feature only includes one size when it did have two sizes before.
    • The recorded shows are on channel 900 which prevents two shows being recorded in the buffer background.
    • More difficult to turn on close captioning. The menu resets to the default position every time it is pressed instead of the last function used.

What model do you have?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Scientific Atlanta Model

I'll have to check the hardware model number. I'm out of town today. I know before the upgrade it was a Passport OS but after they performed the format and re-installed the operating system, I'm not sure.

Comment

OK - I'm not sure if we've ever seen it switch over, so we'd be curious to hear.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X