6.2 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.2 Upgrade

Greetings: My brother is giving me a hr10-250 Direct TV Tivo unit and I was reading about an upgrade to software version 6.2. Is that old news? This unit was purchased in Nov 06. Any help appreciated. How does one know what version their software is?
    Thanks,
    KC

Actually, for that model it's 6.3x at this point, but that largely has the same features as 6.2 did for the non-HD models. It's widely available, and it has folders. There have been some complaints of audio problems here . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

6.3x

Greetings: I truly appreciate your rapid response. You state that 6.3x is "widely available". How does one get the update if this unit isn't up to date?. Is is downloaded via satellite or phone lie or do I need to somehow install it otherwise. Sorry for what may be a silly question. Believe it or not I actually am strong technically when it comes to PC's in general.
      Best Regards,
      KC

Comment

additional questions

If this unit is not "up to" 6.3 how does the upgrade get done. Over the phone line or satellite? Any help appreciated
        KC

Comment

The software comes to the TiVo via satellite, but the phone line is required to authorize the installation.

Comment

Working...
          X