Hindsdale - Copied not expanded - Live TV Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindsdale - Copied not expanded - Live TV Reboot

I have an RCA DVR40 that had the hard drive going bad. Stuttering & pixellation, rebooting. I am replacing the 40Gb Maxtor Fireball 3 with a Seagate 120Gb Barracuda.

I performed the Hindsdale copy/restore and I am currently checking the test image. It boots and I can run thru menus, see system info and check satellite connection levels but when I flip to Live TV it reboots the system after a few seconds < 10s. HardDrive is set to CS, same as the Maxtor was. Master didn't give me menu access it went directly to live TV and rebooted.

Should I perform the capacity upgrade and see what happens? Or is this a bigger problem? If I exapand the capacity what are the steps to redo the Hindsdale process. Do I need to format the Seagate or will it overwrite?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. I'm a newbie trying to get my, too many hours, of TV watching back.

Probably you've copied a corrupted version of the TiVo OS over to the new drive. We can prep the drive for you if you'd like - more info is here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the reponse.

Comment

Working...
      X