Messages hang up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages hang up.

I have an direct tv R10 tivo that hasn't been able to dail; in successfully for a very long time. Each time it tries it leaves a message in my system. I've just come back from a long trip abroad to find that my system has hung up. When I unplug it to reset it, the unit starts working again. However when I try to go to the message page to clear them it hangs up again. Is there anyway I can clear this problem? Any help would be appreciates.

So you just can't press the Select button to remove the message? Does it make a noise? What does it do?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for responding. Okay, here's what I know so far.

I came home from the airport and heard a louder than usual whirring noise and the system had hung up. I unplugged and restarted the system whereupon after reboot, it began to work again.
      It also ran quieter at first, but the noise increased again.
      I tested the functions and found that I could replay the recorded programs access all the menus etc... until I came to the messages page which remained blank and the system hung up again requiring me to restart the unit again to get it to work.
      Next morning I discovered that the unit had hung up again. This time I unplugged it and left it off for half an hour thinking it may be a heating problem.
      Upon restarting I checked the messages page and got the same hang up.
      For further info, I did buy an Weaknees extra hard drive kit with the extra cooling fan option some time ago. It has been working fine for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
      X