Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Upgrad (2 drives) with new (1 drive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Upgrad (2 drives) with new (1 drive)

I have a Hughes that started out with 35 hours. I bought a second drive and ADDED it to the existing drive about a year ago.

After a while I started having huge stuttering and pixelization issues. After contacting Weaknees I discovered that it would cost me practically as much and take quite a while to discover which drive was bad as it would to replace it.

I bought a new SINGLE replacement drive but alas, I didn't keep any of my old cables or anything from the original single drive setup.

Unless the new drive went bad miraculously fast, I'm guessing the original Hughes 35 hr. drive is the one that went bad. Either way, I don't really need two drives.

Is there going to be a problem with using only ONE drive now, instead of the two?

Are there instructions for going from two drives back to one? Anything I need to know?

You can just use the longer IDE cable. Just use the black end in the drive, the blue end in the motherboard, and leave the gray end (middle) disconnected. You can use either drive position on the bracket.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Still has pixelization?!?!?!?!

First off, thanks for your reply. I appreciate the help.

Everything worked fine and I'm back up and running.

Unfortunately. I still have all the heavy pixelization and stuttering. $200 down the drain.

It is intermittent, but with increasing intensity, duration and frequency over time. I never experience it in the TIVO blue menu/system windows. Originally only on playback and then occasionally on Live TV. I have done numerous signal tests and both receivers show 85/86 %.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X