Correct size not reported after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct size not reported after upgrade

Hello, I have a series 2 TIVO DT 649080 and I have a 500GB WD drive that I am using for my upgrade.

These are the steps I have taken shortened version.

1. remove drive from tivo
    2. boot to mfstools2.0 cd and create a backup of the tivo os and settings
    3. restored the backup to a seperate drive the same size as the original and tested to be sure it works. (no problems)
    4. boot to the mfstools2.0 cd and use the command to copy the original tivo drive to the new 500GB WD drive. At the end of this process which took about 8 hours it says it was successfull but only reports 137 hours of recording time.

mfsbackup -aqo - /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -xpi - /dev/hda

I did verify the correct ide placement of the drives.

I did verify when booting the cd that the drive is recognized as 500 GB.

Will the TIVO report the 600+ hours when I put it in the unit?

Thank you,

Ray

Sounds like the original drive was already upgraded. Is that the case? If so, you can't re-upgrade like that and get the streams. You could do:

Code:
    mfsbackup -Tao - /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi - /dev/hda
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Sounds like the original drive was already upgraded. Is that the case? If so, you can't re-upgrade like that and get the streams. You could do:

Code:
      mfsbackup -Tao - /dev/hdc | mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi - /dev/hda
      Thank you for the quick reply!

I bought this unit used, but it seems to me that the original drive was still in place. The drive is 80GB and that is what came with this model.

Will this new set of commands copy my current recordings?

Ray

Comment

Hmm. If it was an 80 GB drive, and you get 137 hours of space, then maybe you had booted into the wrong kernel, and that was the problem? How did you get into Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Hmm. If it was an 80 GB drive, and you get 137 hours of space, then maybe you had booted into the wrong kernel, and that was the problem? How did you get into Linux?
          I used the mfstools to boot to linux. I waited for the previous commmand to finish that is when it reported the 137 hrs of space available on the 500 GB hard drive.

Comment

OK - so did you boot from a floppy or a CD? It sounds like you used the floppy, which is for older models.

Comment

That was it. I downloaded the MFSTOOLS with large disk support from weaknees and re-did the copy process, now I have the correct size reported and the TIVO unit sees the available hours.

Thank you for your help.

Ray

Comment

Working...
              X