Purchased a new 120 hr drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased a new 120 hr drive.

When I opened the Tivo box I found that I had two 30 gig drives. I replaced one of them with the new 120 gig and when I powered back up I got locked into a "Starting up" screen.
    The question is , should I have removed both of the 30 gig drives or should there have been a specific one that should have been replaced with the 120 hr.
    HELP!

IF you got a replacement drive kit, then you must remove both drives from your TiVo.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      IF you got a replacement drive kit, then you must remove both drives from your TiVo.
      Jeff
      I replaced the 120 into the A slot and removed the other 30. Tivo now works but it is recording the wrong channels. Any ideas??

Comment

You probably just need to redo Guided Setup and watch carefully when it tests its connection to your cable box.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          You probably just need to redo Guided Setup and watch carefully when it tests its connection to your cable box.

Tried that but when I try to go to guided set up it tells me to press thumbs down 3 times and then hit submit,, then NOTHING happens.

Comment

It should be Enter, right? Is that what you're pressing? Not Select.

Comment

Oops!! My bad. I will try it the right way now.

Comment

Completely reset

and it is still not changing channels. It shows that it is on the channel that you punched in but it shows channel 4 programming.

Comment

Sounds like the connection between your cable box and the TiVO is bad or you are choosing the wrong set of commands for your cable box.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
                    After removing both drives and installing the new one I am still unable to get the Tivo to change channels. The way that my sil had it set up we were not using the IR.

Comment

If it worked before, but not after, then it is definitely a setup issue. Channel changing is not a hard drive issue.

Comment

Finally figured out that I did not need IR. When I put in a splitter, took one leg to the Tivo and went from there to TV. Then on setup I said antenna instead of cable box and it is working fine now.

Comment

That makes sense. It thought you had a cable box before, but it sounds like you don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                            That makes sense. It thought you had a cable box before, but it sounds like you don't have one.
                            I do have a cable box. One cable goes to Tivo in and the other goes to the cable box and then the RCA cable from the Tivo to the television.

Comment

So then you can't record any premium channels, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X