Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I have a Hughes SD-DVR40 that is at least 3 years old. It has randomly rebooted 3 times in the last 2 weeks for no known reason. Can anyone tell me if this is an indication of the hard drive failing? My wife also says it has missed a couple of items on her Season Pass list even thought the guide information is up to date. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. I would love to continue using this box if possible so if a new hard drive is in order that would be okay too. I'm just looking for direction on whether or not the symptoms we are seeing would be corrected by another drive or if I need another box altogether. Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

I have a Series 3 that rebooted a few times without reason. Without admitting it, TiVo suggested that the fault might be with the wireless network adapter (although why that would affect it, I don't know). But I switched to a hardwired network connection and the problem seems to have disappeared How do you have your box setup to download data from TiVo?

Jas.

Comment

I have the phone line connected to the box. Is there another way to download the information or have i misread your question? Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm not familiar with all the models, but I think all the newer models can download using the internet. The connection can be either hardwired, or by using a wireless network adapter.

It sounds like that isn't the cause of your problem, so I'll defer to those who know more than I do.

jas.

Comment

That unit can't use a network for dial-in.

Your symptoms do sound like hard drive problems. A replace kit should fix the issues. Those are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/hu40.php
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X