TiVo _ DirecTV vs cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo _ DirecTV vs cable

Do the DirecTV and/or Cox generic DVRs have "Season Pass" and/or "Wishlist" functions similar to TiVo?

Who cares? You can CHECK YOUR HOROSCOPE with the DIRECTV DVR!!! And, you can CHECK THE WEATHER – without having to look out the window, or turn on the weather channel, or look at your computer, or catch a local news program, or…

Sorry, I just can’t get over the jack-a** hard sell the kid at DIRECTV was trying give me to convince me that their DVD was just as good as TiVo.

I know he mentioned something about a season pass type feature in there somewhere. I just didn't catch the details as I was laughing too hard while he was talking.

Comment

Hd_dvr

I know what you mean.

I have two DirecTV-TiVo DVRs and am extremely happy with them. The bottom line question for me, however, is how do I upgrade to HD DirecTV and keep my current TiVo service intact? DTV seems intent on replacing my TiVo units with their R15s and they say they will not do antenna installations without switching to their generic DVRs. How do I work around this??

Comment

Working...
      X