New DVR expander didn't add space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DVR expander didn't add space

I just purchased the WD DVR expander but it doesn't appear to have added any space because when I go to record a new show my HD TIVO gives me a list of programs it will erase in order to record it.

The TIVO was pretty full when I added the expander, would that matter??

Has it actually deleted any shows since you attached the Expander?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

No, it doesn't appear to have deleted anything, and since there is no "space available" report or meter I can't really tell if it's there...

Comment

What size drive do you have inside the TiVo, and what is your capacity reading in the system information screen?

Comment

It's the standard TIVO HD unit, isn't it 20 hours??? The expander is the 500gb WD, TIVO approved unit.

Comment

Maybe it's a loose eSATA cable? Have you tried rebooting the TiVo HD?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I haven't yet, I had just followed the instructions as far as powering off the TIVO then connecting the expander, then powering back up.. I will go do a reboot and see...

Should I see the capacity numbers change in the system setttings if it's working?

Comment

Hey!!! After rebooting it recognized the unit and ask to set it up... I was under the impression that if the unit was off when the unit was connected initially that it would recognize it... I guess not... Any, thanks for the suggestion..

Comment

Working...
                X