Series 3 Remote Sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 Remote Sensitivity

Does anybody else think that the remote for the S3 is very sensitive (I'm used to my old Sony SVR-2000 remote). Lots of times it seems to register 2 presses when I'm only really pressing it once. This happens when fast forwarding or pressing the TiVo or select buttons (and even some others). Is this normal and something I just have to get used to?

Also my Sony remote has a 'list' button to get me to the now playing list. Is the alternative on the S3 to hit the TiVo button twice, or is there a better way?

Thanks,

jas.

There's no list shortcut here, sorry to say.

The sensitivity can sometimes be linked to certain types of flat panel screens, believe it or not. What type of screen do you have?

Also see this post:

http://www.wkblog.com/2006/07/my_tiv...d_working.html
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi Michael,

I have a 70" Sony XBR2 rear projection (and it looks fantastic with HD content).

The problem is with TiVo functions though, particularly fast forward or rewind.

I do have a Harmony 890 remote, which has a blaster, but I'm not used to it yet, so I usually grab my TiVo remote when I want to do something, and I may be wrong, but it seems like the Harmony has a slight delay with everything. Will the IR blaster affect the TiVo when it's plugged in, but not in use? The extender works of RF signals, so I don't think it picks up IR signals, does it?

Thanks, jas.

Comment

This is happening with my Harmony 890, so it is interesting that you saw it with the included remote as well.

Just now while going through the emmy voting screen the S3 would lock up to the point where I would have t wait 30 seconds before entering a new remote code to change the page, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X