Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When removing my "upgrade" drive if I have to send back to tivo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When removing my "upgrade" drive if I have to send back to tivo??

If I have to send my Tivo series 2 single tuner back to tivo for support ( since weaknees had reccomended this ), and I assume I will need to remove my additional storage drive kit that I had installed from weaknees, will the tivo box recognize that there is only 1 drive and just act like it was prior to the upgrade? I would assume tivo support would not like it if I sent it to them with an added drive to it? Thanks. What I am confused with as well, is that, will it boot as if the other added drive was never there or no?? If I am troubleshooting with Tivo support, how can I explain to them that if it won't boot, why??
    Last edited by tranosky; 01-10-2007, 09:00 AM. Reason: forgot to add last comment

In general, they just swap the entire unit with a fully tested refurb. So it if doesn't boot, then it doesn't really matter. When it goes through the refurb process, they'll figure it all out.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

so do i need to take out that second drive, I would assume so, since they would keep the entire "faulty" unit? And since Weaknees said that the drive is fine, then I could just use it on the refurb one once they send it to me??

Comment

Working...
      X