Tivo and DirecTV and HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo and DirecTV and HD

I can't find any recent information regarding the fact that Tivo and DirecTV are getting back together. I have a great new HD Samsung 52" tv and am still using my old Tivo. Obviously I can't get any HD, and I really want to take advange of HD, obviously. Does anyone have any news/updates regarding being able to have Tivo/HD/DirecTV. I already have a DVR from DirecTV in a bedroom, and I can tell you I don't want to go that route again. I'm willing to wait a little while longer, so if anyone has some updated timetable information, I'd be grateful to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

No news since the original announcement, but we suspect it will be 2010.

Comment

If you go to TIVO's website you can sign up for email updates on when the new DirecTV models will be available:
      http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/directv-signup.html

Their site says 2010, too.

Comment

Is there any word on what features the new DirecTV HD TiVo will have?
        Will it have ATSC Tuners or will it be like the DirecTV HD DVR, local channel come from satellites? I suppose no one outside of TiVo knows the answers.

Comment

Unfortunately, no word yet.

Comment

DirecTV Killing Last Few HD Channels

Just got a phone message from DTV yesterday that says they're killing the last few HD channels that my HR10-250s can get effective March 31st. Those channels are in the 70s -- ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, HBOH, HDNet, and HDTheater. They offered to give me free "upgrades" to their crap equipment. Ummm, thanks, but no thanks. I want TiVo!

Then I find they've now added a $10 HD charge starting this month on my account, even though I get five (count 'em 5) HD channels and they promised to NEVER charge me for them. AND, they're killing them 45 days from now. Spent 1/2 hour on hold while they reversed that charge.

I may be holding my breath, but dammit, I'm waiting for the TiVo unit. Please hurry TiVo!!

Comment

Originally posted by clwill View Post
              Then I find they've now added a $10 HD charge starting this month on my account, even though I get five (count 'em 5) HD channels and they promised to NEVER charge me for them. AND, they're killing them 45 days from now. Spent 1/2 hour on hold while they reversed that charge.
              Get's even better. After another 10 minutes on hold, they insist on charging me the $10 for the next 45 days for the lousy five channels until they die.

No wonder the State of Washington is suing these clowns for fraud. What a scam. If my local rinky-dink cable company (Broadstripe) wasn't worse, I'd be with them in a minute!

Comment

They've claimed to be shutting off these channels for years now. Hasn't happened yet, although the quantity has certainly dwindled.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

They absolutely promise me that they're all dead at the end of the month: 3/31. I just ordered an expanded HR23 from you guys. I'll hold my nose and see what comes of that.

Then I have to get a 5LNB dish and SWM... Oh, joy. At least I'll get all the HD channels.

Comment

Working...
                  X