No Channels after Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Channels after Upgrade

After installing my new upgrade into my RCA DVR40 I get no channels at all. I can see all the menues and guides. I have run through guided setup 3 times now. All of the channels are just black pages. I can turn to any channel I want but no video or sound is displayed. Also I get no errors at the bottom. The test channels show their data at the bottom just fine and I can see all of the guide data.

Called DirectTV and they did their 'magic' and proceeded to tell me it must be the receiver.

Any hints or ideas? I saw in other posts that locals could take a while (they still do not even show in the guide), but nothing about all channels being blank.

Chuck

It's not the receiver. DIRECTV needs to re-hit you card, and if that doesn't work, you likely need a new access card.

Comment

Thank

I convinced DirecTV to send me a new access card (they REALLY didn't want to do it for some reason). I am hoping that receiver will work after that swap.

My next question is that I assume this is a VERY rare occurance during drive upgrades? I have two other receivers that are showing signs of drive problems. I did one of my 3 as a test before doing the other 2 and I really do not want this level of hassle with the other two.

Chuck

Comment

We've definitely seen that problem before, but pretty much never in conjunction with a drive upgrade. We really think it's a coincidence.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Again

The replacement card from DirecTV did fix the problem as you thought it would. I am glad but it was like pulling teeth to get them to send me one.

I guess I will continue with the upgrades to my other receivers and hope that this was a freak coincident.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
          X