Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Weaknees HD from Sony to Tivo S2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Weaknees HD from Sony to Tivo S2?

I had a Sony SVR-3000 that I had replaced the HD with a Weaknees Maxtor 160Gb HD. The audio on this Sony later died - about when the Tivo S3 HD came out so I transfered the Lifetime to a new Tivo S3 HD, saved the Maxtor HD and tossed the Sony shell.

My daughter has a Tivo S2 140060 that more recently died with all the lights on. Since she has a Lifetime on this Tivo S2, I brought it home and put in the Maxtor HD from the dead Sony. I didn't bring her Tivo remote with me so I can't check it fully, but her Tivo now seems to start up OK and the lights are out.

Is it possible that the old Sony SVR-3000 Maxtor HD would work OK in the Tivo S3 140060? I can confirm proper operation in two weeks when I visit her and her Tivo remote again, but if this is impossible and I have to do something else in the meantime please let me know.

Thanks, Curt

No, the SVR3000 drive won't work in a TCD140060. You'd have to get the drive reprogrammed, see:

TiVo drive programming

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Jeff for the prompt reply. I think I'll try the DIY route off your website to reformat the drive. It is a asking me about my TiVo operating system - whether I have OS 7.1 or newer? The Tivo S2 140060 host has a date of 14Apr03, and was operable until about six months ago. Does this mean I have OS 7.1+ ?

Curt

Comment

Yup - if it was dialing in six months ago, it's that new.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X