Missing HD Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing HD Channels

HOPEFULLY, someone can help me. I "Obtained" a used HR10-250 HD Tivo box off of E-bay. My biggest worry was "DOES THE HDMI PORT WORK?" Sure enough, it did.

SO, I spend 1 1/2 hours on the phone the other day with Direct TV getting the box to work (It worked with the old access card, BUT, I had to get a new one). Finally got it going, and I hung up.

SO, today, I'm thinking I should be getting WAY more than just 3 HD channels. I check the website, and basically, I should have ALL the 70's...ie, 70, 71,...79. I ONLY have 72, 76, and 79 showing up in the program guide. IF I try to manually input the channels, it goes to the next channel down. I also tried 511, and 541 (HD HBO and Showtime).

SO, working through the checklist with the Direct TV folks, we reset the box, get a new "DOWNLOAD" supposedly from DTV, and same problem. At this point, they say "Well, I guess we'll have to replace the box!" I ask if they'll replace it with a new HR10-250....LOLOL....AH, NO....the new HR20 box.....I DECLINE.....And say I'll try and work through the problem for now.

Other than this small problem, the box seems to work okay....

The software version is 6.3a.

I "THINK" I'm Running a 3LNB dish....I say this because we had a Tech come out to install a new dish, but only had the 5 LNB dish, but no Multi-Switches, and the weather was crappy....He looked at it, and said it should work fine....

BTW, I'm only seeing two satellites....101 (A), and 119 (B).....Should I be getting a third one for HD???

ANYONE have any ideas???

IF worse comes to worse, I'll just use this as a high capacity TIVO, and look for another HD box....

Thanks!

Gene
    Last edited by helogene; 01-12-2007, 03:38 AM. Reason: more info

You should have a 3lnb dish that sees 3 satellites 101, 110 and 119. You should run a satellite test and confirm that you are getting all 3 satellites and all of the applicable transponders. You can run the test from within the TiVo.

Comment

That was it. A 2 LNB dish was selected. I selected the 3 LNB dish, ran the test and setup, and that did it.

I sure wish the Direct TV Tech had suggested that instead of saying "SEND THE BOX IN". I wonder how many good boxes have been sent in for this??

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X