Harddrive Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harddrive Problem?

I upgraded my Directv hd10 using two new 250gb drives about 6 months ago. Things went well. Then last month the box was having a lot of freezing problems. The screen would lockup for a few seconds quite often. Like almost every minute.
    I pulled my two harddrives out and reinstalled my original 250gb drive. All my problems went away.

So, is my problem what a bad drive looks like?
    Or, is this a data corruption problem and I can go through the upgrade again using the same 2 drives after reformatting them of course?
    Or, could this be a TiVo software upgrade/2 drive compatibility problem? If there is such a thing. (my system did a software upgraded just a day before I started having lockup problems. But I did put the old 250 in, upgraded the software on that drive and didn't have any problems at all.)

Thanks, Steven

Sounds very much like a bad drive. It doesn't sound like a compatibility problem.

You can try a 'clear and delete everything' in the system reset menu, which would eliminate any software corruption, but I'm guessing that won't help you for very long, if at all.

Comment

I tried to clear first the Thumb logging and season pass data. That didn't work. Then I tried to clear all that plus all my recorded programs. It locked up on that screen all night. I gave up the next day and installed my original drive.

Thanks, Steven

Comment

Working...
      X