DirecTV TiVo Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV TiVo Release Date

Yesterday I called TiVo to cancel my service. Not because I don't love my TiVo, but because Time Warner Cable's support technicians are worthless and could not get the Cable Cards to work. Essentially after sending four people to my house (none of whom had ever installed cable cards into a TiVo) the superviser told me that there was a problem with the signal quality to my house and therefore could not pair the Cable Cards to their system. WTF!?!?!? Is this not a problem on their end? I live in the suburbs of Raleigh, NC- not exactly the boonies and when they hooked up their version of a HD DVR, the signal quality was plenty to be registered. I'm not so sure that they didn't know what they were doing and fed me BS so they didn't have to deal with it.

I could go on about TWC, but to get to the point, when I called to cancel I told them why and that I was planning on switching to DirecTV when their new TiVo boxes came out. The support person informed me that those boxes were scheduled to come out for Christmas!!! I was really excited, but everything I'm reading online now is that the release date has been pushed to 2010. Does anyone have any more information about this?
    Last edited by WickedShamrock; 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM.

We're still hearing 2010 . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X