HR10-250 - one Sat connection lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 - one Sat connection lost

I have been using a Directv HD 10-250 since May 2006 quite happily. I have a 3-satellite antenna and luv the HDef.

Last night (12 Jan 2007) the Sat 2 connection signal strength went to zero. I reversed the two input cables and Sat 1 continued to be OK and Sat 2 was still zero. I have two other (non-HD) Tivos that are working just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

john

artsr

I to have lost one cable. In my case both cables read full strenth, but the multiswitch sees only #2. After switching cables and retrying several times, same thing. I now have a single cable system. I don't know if its the tuner, the multi switch or the cable. Will be checking all. Oh, I have two other 10/250's on the same system, & they are OK. If I figure this out I'll re post.
    Menwhlle, anyone else have an idea.

Best - ARTsr

Comment

Ok maybe I should have waited until I tried some fixes. I replaced the #2 cable with one from a different dish (I have two) did new set up and the two lines were recognized by the multiswitch. two program again. I then switched back the original cable, and still two programs. Just lucky I guess.
      I would concentrate on the line that stoped working on yours. run a test line. ? Good luck - ART

Comment

I have serveral HD-10-250 units. From time to time the HD signals on one of the lines will become pixalated or the signal will become weak. I have found that generally one of the sat lines has become loose, either on the back of the unit or at the multi-switch. Tightening the connections (not too tight !) generally fixes the problem.

Comment

For both of you, it might be time to have new cables run. We hear a lot about people who had cabling in their house that worked fine until something damaged it (a staple, carpet, etc.) and then it just got flaky. In some cases, grounding issues actually shorted out tuners in receivers . . .
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X