S3 / Directv lifetime Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 / Directv lifetime Upgrade

Supposedly it is possible to do Directv lifetime upgrades to the S3 once again. Has anyone done this latel? Back in December I had great fun transferring the lifetime to an S3, but now I hear you can transfer multiple lifetimes over also.

We have seen reports that this still works, yet the official line is now that this will NOT work. If you want to do it, we encourage you to call TiVo and ask and then get your record noted to that effect.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well I did that this afternoon and everything went through immediately. It should show the status change in 48 to 72 hours. I wonder if TiVo stopped the DTV lifetimes while they got everyone trained correctly.

Comment

Well the New S3 just showed up as lifetime tonight. Looks like TiVo allows multiple transfers for DTV lifetimes!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it! For quite a while, the DTV HD units were the best (and only) game in town, but now with the Series3 boxes, we have a lot of customers moving from DTV to cable, largely to follow the technology. It's great that TiVo helps by allowing the transfer.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I had a bizarre experience transferring my DTivo lifetime to an S3. I took advantage of Weaknees 'send me my TSN at order time' feature (thanks!) and called to register on Sunday, 2/4/07. The rep told me that to transfer from a DTivo, you need to COMPLETE the transfer by 1/31, and I was therefore ineligible. I told her that the website said nothing about a distinction between standalone and DTivo, and that it also didn't make any sense that I could buy the unit up until 1/31, but also had to transfer by 1/31. After asking to speak to her supervisor, she went and spoke to her supervisor and got approval to transfer my lifetime. She claimed she needed her supervisor to type in a special authorization into the computer, so I don't think she was just misinformed.

I successfully transferred, but you might have to complain a bit to succeed. If you need reference to the original web page, it's now at:

http://www.tivo.com/2.0.3hdDvr.plt_expired.asp

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X