Upgrading Dual Tuner 649080 with 2 drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading Dual Tuner 649080 with 2 drives

1. I was reading through one of the forums where you guys say it's possible to upgrade a 649080 with 2 drives. However, you're upgrade instructions portion of the web site only shows the 1 drive replacement option. If I were to upgrade to a 2 drive system, which intructions would I use? Would I just choose a different model and select 2 drives and follow those instructions?

2. I saw another post for changing the swap file size and you said we need to stick with 127 with using mfstools 2.0. You then mention an _sata version of the mfstools that supports larger swap files. I'm assuming this version can only be used with SATA drives, correct?

3. Lastly, I recall seeing some information around about increasing the size the recording buffer from the standard 30 minutes to something larger. Unfortunately, I'm not finding the information now. Is this still an option and how can it be done?

These forums are really a great resource and have already helped me immensely. Thanks in advance for the help.
    -Mike

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
    1. I was reading through one of the forums where you guys say it's possible to upgrade a 649080 with 2 drives. However, you're upgrade instructions portion of the web site only shows the 1 drive replacement option. If I were to upgrade to a 2 drive system, which intructions would I use? Would I just choose a different model and select 2 drives and follow those instructions?
    You can use dual-drives, but you need a weaKnees bracket. The instructions for the TCD540040 will work fine for the TD dual-drive upgrade.

2. I saw another post for changing the swap file size and you said we need to stick with 127 with using mfstools 2.0. You then mention an _sata version of the mfstools that supports larger swap files. I'm assuming this version can only be used with SATA drives, correct?
    The sata cd will work with IDE as well.

3. Lastly, I recall seeing some information around about increasing the size the recording buffer from the standard 30 minutes to something larger. Unfortunately, I'm not finding the information now. Is this still an option and how can it be done?
    This is not a change we would recommend. Effectively, any software update will wipe the change. We tend to stick with modifications that will withstand the test of time.

Comment

Working...
    X