Concerns about format.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns about format.

Problem resolved: I tried to make it harder than it was. I thought the entire drive had to be fat32. I went back and created a fat32 partition at 137gb and started from scratch. All seemed to be the same but this time the tivo booted up. 300gb drive you recomended indicating up to 340hrs of recording. Thanks for weekness instructions. so far so good. If I see blue smoke in a week i take it all back.

Thanks again

Prosise

I picked up a 300gb db35 drive as recomended, I printed out and seem to have created a backup of a S2 with no programs. I moved everything to another drive for the upgrade. The Image came out to 812mb which sounded a bit high for no programs.. The real question I have is about formating the drive. I used seagate disk util and created a partition that is 300gb and the only way I was able to get it to utilize the 300gb in fat32 was to say that it was for sp1 or later in win xp. From what I read from the guide it should be fat32 "right"? After I transfered the Backup.bak to the new drive ,it indicated that it was 342 hrs. But I am stuck in the grey screen Powering up. I dont feel good about the format/partiton. I tried the maxtools but it said no-no this aint a maxtor drive.. Any help would be appreciated. In the weakness util it recognized it as 300000 mb. I will keep at it..... What is the exact steps from out of the box 300gb to install?

Thanks

Prosise
    Last edited by prosise; 01-26-2007, 08:30 AM. Reason: more questions...

There is no need to format the DB35 drive before loading the TiVo software. Just follow the instructions at the Interactive Upgrade Instructions site.

Comment

what if I did format it?

Will the drive be setup thru the linux software again ?

Is the drive supposed to be entirely fat32?

prosise

Comment

Not FAT32 - all Linux.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X