tivo freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo freezes

Several months ago I replaced the power supply in my Tivo model 140060 when it quit completely. It worked fine for until about a month ago it began to freeze at different times (ie channel changes, going forward or backward) and sometimes when the tv was not even on. After reading the trouble shooting section on your site I ordered a new hard drive. Yesterday I replaced the hard drive and at first had trouble getting the tivo to get past the powering up screen. Finally I was able to do the guided set and away I went, until I tried changing channels and it froze. I was able to get it working again by removing power for a short period. During the night it froze again and since then I have been unable to get beyond the wait a few more minutes screen. I replaced the original hard drive and still no luck. Any suggestions?

At this point, you must have a motherboard issue. We'd recommend putting the original drive back in and paying TiVo for a repair. They generally just swap the unit, then you can put your larger drive in the replacement unit (assuming it's the same model).
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X