H/D 1080p and swm for 6 zones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H/D 1080p and swm for 6 zones?

Good morning. I have a client that has directv with four monitors (zones allready existing in their home) he is expanding his home and adding a media room and a guest bedroom. he curently has a old slim-line dish with four outputs going to the four t/v's.. what is needed to expand and up-grade for the best possiable signal(1080p)(HD signal) for his new media room. Also will swm be compatiable with older recevers allready installed in his home or will he need to up-grade the older recevers to be compatiable with the swm? I am adding two additonal zones to what is allready exsisting so any input is greatly appericated.. respectfuly TXToad...

The SWM will do the trick, but we'd need a lot more information before we can help. Also, we'd need the models of the 'old' receivers before we can tell how it would be wired. We need to know how everything is wired now, the length of the runs, the receivers in each room. Is everything home-run wired? Will the new rooms also be connected to the home-run location?

Bottom line is this: SWM is the way of the future for DIRECTV; it will pass the full spectrum of signal (3D, 1080P, etc.).

Comment

Thank you alot for the speedy reply.. I will get that info in the morning and get back to ya .. as far as i can tell the dish is the multi-switch existing in the system at this point.. I am allmost certin that I will need to build a new head-end with a multi switch to distrubute the signal to the exspanison/&exsisting system. Have a excelent Mothers day. Respectfuly TXToad..

Comment

Working...
      X