Replacing a bad harddrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a bad harddrive

So, I want to make sure I'm understanding this situation correctly. I have a bad harddrive on my DRT800(stuck at powering up screen). I bought a new harddrive and am following the hinsdale instructions. Now, chances are I will just be copying over the same corrupt issues from my old harddrive into my larger new one right? Do the MFS tools help find/correct some basic errors and I may have a chance that the new drive will work?

If not, then I need to buy one of the preformatted ones from you guys right?

Just want to see if I'm understanding this process correctly, thanks!

You've got it all right. It's possible that you'll get a usable copy, but it's pretty unlikely given where the machine hangs. You'll likely need a kit:

http://www.weaknees.com/hdvd.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

gotcha, thanks. Yep, looks like it carried over the same glitch...

So, will my lifetime subscription still work when I put in the new formatted harddrive from you guys?

Comment

Yes - lifetime is tied to the motherboard and not the drive.

Comment

Well, turns out my problem might not be a bad hard drive. My Humax DRT800 goes from the "Almost There" screen back to the "Powering Up" screen, then it works it's way back to the Almost there screen and repeats.

It still does this even with the new hard drive I bought from you guys. I also replaced the IDE cable that connects to the hard drive as well as the IDE cable that connects to the DVD drive. Still have the same problem...

Do you guys have any other suggestions?
          Thanks

Comment

Nothing beyond going to Humax . . .

Comment

Working...
            X